Sunday, March 12, 2006

OVER THE HILL.....AND COASTING....

Now that "The Aristocrats" is out on DVD, I picked up a copy.....the most hilarious, entertaining, spellbinding documentary to surface in years....or ever.......

Unless, of course, you're like my wife, who, totally aghast, shut it down in utter disgust after the first 8 or 9 minutes.....even before it got to the really funny parts......and was completely incredulous that I could be even remotely amused by such tasteless, crude vulgarity.....

Coexistence.....it means one thing in biological or political terms, but something entirely different in terms of cohabitation and/or religious ethos......

The latter are far more contentious, tenuous, and apt to widen the chasm with the passage of time.....

Coexistence and indifference become synonymous.......

That's why I have my own separate room in the basement, with my computer, of course, where I can laugh at whatever I find funny, whenever I want, without (mostly) any interference.....

The only problem, and the one I seem to keep forgetting, is there are times, like when you've just viewed one of the funniest things you've ever seen, and want to share it, is that you should ever expect, based upon historical context, that the person upstairs is the person with which you want to be sharing it.......

Oh, well....the indignant cold shoulder and the accompanying, enduring silence, after all these years, has become so predictably commonplace that I find it damned near comforting...

It's an uphill battle.....you strive for years to find common ground....many a pitched battle is fought.....but no winners emerge, each side still clinging to their intrinsic values and sensibilities....or lack thereof, from one viewpoint.....eventually, you reach a point where you find yourselves at the top of the hill with no reconciliation....

Today, however, I found myself over the hill....not only in terms of my age, which is considerable, but in my willingness to fight the unbeatable foe.....it's not that my my sensibilities, philosophies, or sense of humor have changed, but....

Well, fuck....let's face it.....

Once you're over the hill, you can coast the rest of the way....which is rapidly approaching.....and unabashedly guffaw over all of the gutter humor that you wish......

In spite of the indignant silence.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

I saw your title and I thought it was gonna be about Bush. (Look forward to 'The Aristocrats')

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home